Monday, December 8, 2014

Bennet day 4

I've been in a bit of a daze but wanted to type while I'm feeling so happy. Bennet is doing so well today. He woke up with a fever of 101 so they decided not to do his balloon septostomy until maybe Wednesday. I was miserable in pain and depressed in bed while Jeremy went to Katy to get our stuff and do some laundry. When Jeremy came back NICU called and said Bennet was going to be able to eat and I wanted to give him his bottle so I got dressed and ate lunch just in time for Psych to show up finally and interview me and give me good drugs to help with my panic and depression. When they left we rolled to NICU and there I got to give him his first bottle that he drained in 3 minutes and got to support him with my hand. The second bottle three hours later he wasn't interested in but then he had to move his bed to a different ward so we left it unfinished. The nurse said he took his 9 o'clock bottle in less than a minute though. I'm so grateful for minutes of mommy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment